At the Cannes Film Festival in 1991, La double vie de Veronique won the FIPRESCI Prize, the Prize of the Ecumenical Jury at the Cannes Film Festival and Best Actress for Irene Jacob's role as Veronique/Weronika. The film was also nominated for the Golden Palm.
a brief summary:
Somewhere, in the world, unknown to you, lives your double. Your identical "twin" who shares identical personality traits, but leads a completely different yet connected life. In Poland, Weronika is a singer. In Paris, Veronique is a music teacher. They are unaware of each other's existence, but feel an psychological and emotional link to the other. Overwhelmed by the the loss of Weronika, Veronique quits her singing career. She is haunted by "Van Den Budenmayer" music (which is actually the wonderful music of Zbigniew Preisner). And she is stalked by a marionette performer.
In this scene, Weronika sees Veronique, who is wearing the similar clothes, but is too busy snapping pictures to see her. The photograph becomes the only tangible evidence of their overlapping parallel lives:
I don't remember this film and I think I fell asleep. I do remember wonderful cinematography matched to the beautiful music of Zbigniew Preisner (a close friend of the director). I'll watch it again . . .
沒有留言:
張貼留言