2007年2月27日 星期二

PROJECT 1B: re-visiting the [frame]



I revisited the previous assignment again. This time, I focused creating a continuity of movement. My previous animations were not as consciously fluid or connected. I rendered the animation five times using: wireframe, phong, gouraud, flat, and raytracing. I actually found the wireframe, flat and raytracing renderings to be the most informative.



The wireframe gives shows the mesh of the objects skin, suggesting movement alown the coutours. The flat rndering renders each sectionas a flat panel. This is a less detailed rendering from the full "raytrace", and becomes a transitional study of coutours becoming form. The ray trace is the final result, showing lighting, developed forms, shade and shadow.



The idea of the previous assignment was the frame. How do you frame the object within a view and how does that inform you about the object and the spaces it creates. So in this re-visit, I tried to frame the object in an approach sequence to a certain point. As the view reached the point and rotate around it, you realize that is actually a plane. A plane that leads you back along the top then into object. The becomes a sequence of surface study.

Click Here:


or visit: http://www.archive.org/details/proj1brevisit_feartheanimation

沒有留言: