2007年2月9日 星期五

PROJECT 1A: MODEL (part 2: process makes perfect)

"PROCESS"!!!
I suppose I had forgotten about that particular concept. I could flash a gazillion cool images and none of it would matter if you didn't understand the process.

(above) The diagrams are taken into MAYA (modeling software). Then a choice has to be made: how do you turn a two dimensional drawing/lines and turn it into a three dimensional computer model?
Somehow the third dimension needs to be represented. Things like time, sequence, visual proximity can spawn that third dimension in to reality. One can imagine how time can be extrapolated from the diagram by the amount spent in a certain position. Or how sequence can represent movement after movement elongated and chronological to the diagram. (see Project 1A: Diagrams)

Here I chose visual proximity and focal points of movement. More lines in one area create a stronger visual presence, which pulled parts of the model to the foreground. The opposite for fewer lines, which were pushed toward the background.
I also wanted to examine the focal points of movement. What was the crucial/apex/resultant point of all this foreground-background movement.
The result seen below:

沒有留言: